Friday 11 January 2013

the world of byu

I am now a part of the BYU world, and so far, I’m loving it. 
There are a few things that are tricky to get used to though:
1) The ‘grid’ system. Apparently this system is full proof and so easy to understand and maneuver. I’m not with everyone on this one quite yet. One time I thought I got it…I was on 600, I saw that 700 was coming up, and guessed 800 was after that. Seems reasonable, right? Nope. The next street was 1450 or something. So confusing.
2) Campus. Most of the buildings I have class in sound the same. JSB. JSFB. Martin. McKay. Marriot. Let’s be a little bit more confusing for the new girl.
3) Classes. This past semester, I was used to knowing every single person in all my classes quite well. I got used to making remarks to whoever was next to me and being able to rely on them for assignments, readings, and test information. Now, I have to get to know people all over again and rely on myself to get things done. It’s a hard life. 
Despite these new challenges, I love this school. 
My friends, my siblings, the area, the sports, everything. 
It’s going to be a good couple of years.

first byu basketball game
california crew: Traci & Kyle  

No comments:

Post a Comment